2002 Jan 01 11:38

Re: [vox-tech] advice for floppy disks

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 09:31:50AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i'm sure someone here keeps track of this stuff...
>
> what's some really high-quality floppy disks brands?  i'd be willing to
> pay unreasonable prices just as long as they're reliable.
>
> i'm sick and tired of floppy disks dying on me.  what's the best brands
> to get?

I would not use any type of removable winchester storage for data too valuble
to lose. That goes for floppies, zip cartriges, and anything else that
contains a rotating, flexible platter. By their very nature these devices are
mechanically unreliable. If you want reliability, use tapes or CD-RW (which
is actually pretty cheap now).

Failing that, I suggest you find the most expensive type available and go with
that. Also, I would avoid any product made by Verbatim.

--
Henry House