January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Peters Kernal Update and a Few Questions

Re: [vox-tech] Peters Kernal Update and a Few Questions

begin: Roland Minden <rminden@Unilab.com> quote
> As it happens I do not have an internet connection anymore. I was on the
> AT&T Cable network and they were dropped by Excite@home. When I get a
> connection again I will begin to work on it then. I am looking at using my
> wife's connection to the internet using a router and a hub. I will need to
> wire up my home though, but that should not be do bad. Dorie (my wife) has
> Pac Bell ADSL. Any suggestions on a router?

right now i'm playing with dascherstein (sp?) lrp cd.   it's really nice.

it boots a floppy and takes packages off of a cd.  much nicer than the
firewall i'm using (not playing with) now, eigerstein, where everything has
to fit on one floppy.

i have one thing to say about lrp.   anthony better pray he never meets me in
a dark alley.   ;-)

even the CD image is like 16MB.   not a bad download with dsl.

> wireless connection as an alternative. I am however very concerned about
> security and lets face it WAP is not real security. Thanks for the advice.

wap?

> BTW I was not able to download the Kernal before I lost connectivity :-( I
> will have to wait on that also.

can you use your wife's dsl?   kernel download is only a few minutes for me.

if not, i can burn a copy for you at the next meeting.

pete

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org