Re: [vox-tech] exim / rbl question. a mystery.

Re: [vox-tech] exim / rbl question. a mystery.

this is great, rod -- thanks!

although i was hoping for a basically "yes".   :-)

frankly, open relays is probably more than good enough.  considering i have
an IP address that belongs to pacbell, i probably couldn't send myself email
if i subscribed to rbl anyhow.   :-)

i'm looking into orbz and ordb right now.  i can't tell what the difference
between them is (although i'm doin some reading right now).  orbl still seems
to be down.

pete

begin Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com>
> There was some discussion of this on /. a while back.  I think
> the answer was basically "no".
>
>   http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/08/06/182258&mode=thread
>
> -- Rod
>    http://www.sunsetsystems.com/
>
> Peter Jay Salzman said:
> > ok, so MAPS rbl is a pay service which i can use for free since i'm a nobody.
> >
> > ordb is free, but only identifies open relays.
> >
> > is there a service, like MAPS RBL (identifies active spammers as well as open relays)
> > that doesn't charge for their service?
> >
> > pete
> >

> > begin Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com>
> >> Yeah, MAPS is now non-free.  However it looks like individuals can  still get a free
> >> subscription.  See:
> >>
> >>   http://mail-abuse.org/feestructure.html
> >>
> >> -- Rod
> >>    http://www.sunsetsystems.com/