Re: [vox-tech] sshd dying on debian (potato)

Re: [vox-tech] sshd dying on debian (potato)

begin William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
> I have a little debian potato box where the sshd seems to keep dying.
> (I have to log in on the console and issue "/etc/init.d/ssh start")
>
> Where should I poke around to figure out why this occurs?

what does /var/log/messages say?

if it's debian, you also might want to look at /var/log/daemons.

at the very least, it should say whether sshd quit because of a caught
signal or not.

lastly, check out the -d option for sshd.  that should give you a
definitive answer.

pete

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org