Re: [vox-tech] muttrc

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 02:36:35AM -0800, Gabriel Rosa wrote:
> any chance you mutt users could share their muttrc's?
> I'm falling in love with mutt, and I'm wondering what
> people tend to tweak.

just about the whole thing....

set folder=~/.mail	# Default mail folder
set record=+sent        # save it to =sent

set confirmappend=no    # auto append when saving to mailbox
set delete=yes          # dont ask to confirm deletes when closing mailbox
set nomove              # dont ask to move read mail to ~/mbox
set fast_reply=yes      # dont verify To:, Subject: etc when replying
set include=yes         # auto include (quote) message into reply/forward
set edit_headers=yes    # include message headers in edit screen
set editor='vim +/^$'   # use vim, open on the first blank line (after headers)
set copy                # save a copy of all outbound mail
set nomark_old          # leave N's as N's... don't set 'em O)ld
set reverse_name        # reply to email with the address it was sent To:
set sort=threads        # yes!
set nostrict_threads    # thread via Subject: line also

set auto_tag		# always operate in tagged mode
set noprompt_after	# don't prompt after external pager exits
set nowait_key		# don't prompt after shell commands
set print=yes           # don't ask for confirmation on print
set print_cmd="lpr"

set nosave_empty	# delete empty mailbox files
set fcc_attach=yes	# forward attachemnts too?
mailboxes ! \
        +bugtraq.in \
        +debian.in \
        +linux-kernel.in \
        +wcgsworship.in \
        +lugod-vox-announce.in +lugod-vox-tech.in +lugod-vox.in \
        +lartc.in \
        +newsscan +freshmeat \
        +modperl.in \
        +openssh.in \
        +linux-lvm.in \
        +intermezzo-discuss.in \
        +qmail.in \
        +gnupg.in \
        +linux-ide-arrays.in \

bind index  read-thread       # mark thread read
macro index  "	"       # call ^W, move to next thread
macro index G "!fetchmail\n"
macro index > s                 # emulate elm's > operator
macro pager > s

# map how to move read mail in *.in to *
mbox-hook =linux-kernel.in =linux-kernel
mbox-hook =linux-ide-arrays.in =linux-ide-arrays
mbox-hook =linux-lvm.in =linux-lvm
mbox-hook =intermezzo-discuss.in =intermezzo-discuss
mbox-hook =debian.in =debian
mbox-hook =openssh.in =openssh
mbox-hook =gnupg.in =gnupg
mbox-hook =bugtraq.in =bugtraq
mbox-hook =lugod-vox.in =lugod-vox
mbox-hook =lugod-vox-tech.in =lugod-vox-tech
mbox-hook =lugod-vox-announce.in =lugod-vox-announce
mbox-hook =modperl.in =modperl
mbox-hook =lartc.in =lartc
mbox-hook =qmail.in =qmail
mbox-hook =wcgsworship.in =wcgsworship

folder-hook . 'set nomove'      # don't automove normally
folder-hook \.in$ 'set move'    # automove read messages in *.in

hdr_order date from subject to cc

# - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
# Header fields I don't normally want to see
ignore *                # this means "ignore all lines by default"
# I do want to see these fields, though!
unignore        from: subject to cc mail-followup-to \
                date x-mailer x-url resent-* sender x-sender

#
# Color definitions
#

color normal white black
color hdrdefault red black
color quoted brightblue black
color signature red black
color indicator brightyellow red
color error brightred black
color status yellow blue
color tree magenta black        # the thread tree in the index menu
color tilde magenta black
color message brightcyan black
color markers brightcyan black
color attachment brightmagenta black
color search black green        # how to hilite search patterns in the pager

color header brightred black ^(From|Subject):
color body magenta black "(ftp|http)://[^ ]+"   # point out URLs
color body magenta black [-a-z_0-9.]+@[-a-z_0-9.]+      # e-mail addresses
color underline brightgreen black

--
Ted Deppner