[vox-tech] getting QuickCam Express to work

[vox-tech] getting QuickCam Express to work

keywords: QuickCam Express, Logitech, webcam, camera, mod_quickcam, v4l, video

So I got this free Logitech QuickCam for signing up for Verizon DSL.  I'm
trying to get this thing to work but without much success.  I found out
there's "mod_quickcam" module, which turns out came with my distribution,
so I loaded it without much success (it loads, but no device appears on
/dev/ or /proc/video/dev/, though it does create an empty directory on
/proc/video/quickcam/).  I do have another video device (Voodoo 3500TV) so
I tried it by unloading Voodoo modules but it's still a no go.  I got some
URLs off of Google but they're not helping.  Does anyone know how to get
this USB device working?

`usbview` reports: ======================================================

Camera
Speed: 12Mb/s (full)