[vox-tech] junkbuster. whoa. i'm a convert.

[vox-tech] junkbuster. whoa. i'm a convert.

i just installed junkbuster for the first time.  all i can say is... whoa.

i had opera display a bunch of sites side by side, then configured opera to
use the junkbuster proxy, and then reloaded them all.  i seem to be fairly ad
free right now.

it's fun to set tinygif=2 and see all the ads that got blocked.  check out
www.shopping.com.  it's hilarious.  i counted 35 "junkbuster" graphics.  of
course, i'm setting tinygif back to 1...

my only complaint is that browsing seem to be perceptively slower.  not
enough to stop using junkbuster, but it's a bit noticeable.  it's nice that
junkbuster seems to read the blockfile dynamically, but i wonder if reading
and parsing the file contributes to the lag.  this probably is a queue to look
into the squid cacher.

pete

--
               ** Please don't send me html email **