[vox-tech] When your Sendmail server gets added to ORDB.org..

[vox-tech] When your Sendmail server gets added to ORDB.org..

    Apparently you cannot email anyone at PG&E when your server gets added
to the database of open relays(susceptible to being used by spammers).  I
guess Red Hat 7.2 by default enables the stricter security rules, whereas
with 6.1 you have to enable "relay control rules" in linuxconf and
specifically add hosts or IP addresses, this will remove the open relay
status upon being re-tested by ordb.org.

    After nearly a year of trouble-free operation, I was surprised to run
into this problem.  Are there any other black-list creating servers I should
know about?  There was a reference to ORB or ORBZ but apparently they are
out of operation.

Danny Webster