January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] setting virtual console ... "history" length

Re: [vox-tech] setting virtual console ... "history" length

begin Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us>
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> >
> > anyone offhand know how to set the vitual console's page scroll history
> > (the page scroll accessible via shift page-up, not bash's command line
> > history which is accessible via arrow-up)?
> >
> > i just read man xterm and learned how to increase how many lines xterm
> > remembers.  i'd like to do the same thing for the console.
>
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/faq/part4/  section 7.6
>
> In a nutshell, you can increase it dramatically using a kernel recompile
> with an altered #define macro.

hey, never saw this faq before.  lots of cool stuff.  some of it i learned
through (literally) days of effort, and some i still don't know the answers
to.

this whole thing looks like required reading...

pete