[vox-tech] bypass linux native tcp stack

[vox-tech] bypass linux native tcp stack

I have 'nt got into details of Linux tcp/ip architecture. Can someone tell
me how coupled is the socket layer in linux with its native tcp/ip stack. Is
it possible for me to make the linux socket layer bypass the native tcp/ip
stack and communicate with some other layer (say another tcpip
implementation) , without affecting the existing applications. Would
appreciate some pointers,discussions on this subject.

Thanks a lot !
Ganesh

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customers and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.