Re: [vox-tech] umask

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Robert G. Scofield wrote:

> I tried putting "umask 002" under this and nothing happened.  So I guess I
> don't know what I'm doing.  What do I put?  What exactly is "the call"?

Make sure you're using BASH.  Sometimes BASH won't execute ~/.bashrc, but
if it's properly setup, then it should -- try putting in some echo
commands to see if it's executing bashrc.  Sometimes the global bashrc
will overwrite some parts of your local bashrc, so check the order of
execution in both the global and the local bashrc.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/