From: Peter Jay Salzman
To: vox-tech@franz.mother.com
Sent: 11/13/2001 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] cd ejection

matt, are you using gnome or KDE?   if so, the best way to fix this
problem
(in fact, the best way to fix most of your problems) is apt-get remove
gnome.
or apt-get remove kde.   ;-)

but seriously.

you can get a list of all open files (hardware are abstracted by files
on
unix) by using lsof.

also, fuser might be interesting too.   if you do fuser -k -v /cdrom, it
would be interesting to see if X dies.

pete

begin: Holland, Matt <mdholland@ucdavis.edu> quote

--
"You may not use the Software in connection with any site that
disparages