Re: [vox-tech] windows question (i think)

Re: [vox-tech] windows question (i think)

begin: Ryan <ryan@mother.com> quote

> On Sunday, November 25 2001 02:39 pm, you wrote:
> > i just downloaded a file named "sim_ant.smc".
> >
> > linux identifies it as a "lif file" (which may or may not be relevent).
> >
> > does anybody know what the smc suffix means on windows?
> >
> > pete
>
> It's probaly a ROM image of the Super Nintendo game 'Sim Ant'
> .smc is usualy used for super nintendo ROM images. There is a linux native
> port of zsnes ( look on http://zsnes.sf.net/ ) that you can use to play it if
> you wish.

hey, ryan.  right on the money.   thank you!   still need to iron out a few
bugs with zsnes, like getting fullscreen and using a mouse instead of a
joystick (which i don't have, so i can't move the pointer), but it works
pretty well otherwise.  this is very cool -- i was hoping to find a windows
executable.  what i got was a million times better.  something i can play on
my own computer.

thanks again!
pete

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org