Re: [vox-tech] vintage lilo interface

Perhaps it's using the "message" option?  From `man lilo.conf`:

       message= message-file
              specifies a file containing a message that is  dis-
              played  before  the boot prompt. No message is dis-
              played while  waiting  for  a  shifting  key  after
              printing  "LILO ". In the message, the FF character
              ([Ctrl L]) clears the local screen. The size of the
              message  file  is  limited  to 65535 bytes. The map
              file has to be  rebuilt  if  the  message  file  is
              changed or moved.

The message file understands ANSI escape sequences for changing colors, so
that would explain the red text.

On my system, LILO says "Welcome to Mark's system.  Please don't do
anything I wouldn't do."

-Mark

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> hi there,
>
> awhile ago, the lilo interface on woody changed.  these days, it clears the
> screen and shows a red menu of all the kernels that are available to boot.
>
> i'd like to change this back to the original "vintage" interface, which was
> just plain text, no screen clears, no red menus.
>
> anyone have any idea if the old interface is still available?
>
> pete
>
> --
> PGP Fingerprint: B9F1 6CF3 47C4 7CD8 D33E  70A9 A3B9 1945 67EA 951D
> PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/
PGP key available upon request.