Re: [vox-tech] Keyboard/Mouse Hangs !!

this message escaped me; i don't remember seeing it.  shame on you chuck,
for not leaving the poster's identity.

i assume you mean you walk (running X) away from the machine and when you
come back, keyboard and mouse don't respond.

a "quick fix" would be to not use X.

no, just kidding.   a quick fix would be to use xset and turn off dpms and
screen saver settings until you figure out what's going on.

uhhh... letsee.   look in XF86Config for "blank time" (man XF86Config).  that
also might be a quick fix until you get to the heart of the matter.

to see if you have an irq interrupt, see /proc/interrupts.  but i'm almost
positive that this isn't the case.

the log entry you quote is good, but i can't shake the feeling that there
must be more to it.  can you send the entries around it?  (everything
reported by dmesg goes to /var/log/messages).

you definitely want to look at usenet -- search for "X sleep keyboard mouse
respond" or something like.

pete

begin: Chuck Polisher <cpolish@ns.net> quote
> >     If I leave my pc on under Linux(RH 7.1) the
> > keyboard and the mouse got hang.  But, I can log
> > in from other remote machines to this local machine
> > and can shutdown the pc and then reboot it.  I
> > don't know the cause for this problem.  Is there
> > any hardware interrupt clash or any other hardware
> > problems, if so where to find it.
> >
> >      I got this message from dmesg which I have
> > attached below.  I could not understand it.  Is
> > there any solution for it ?
> <snip>
>
> > Process X (pid: 3847, stackpage=c26af000)
>
> Possibly X is having a tantrum? Killing pid 3847
> and restarting X would (I think) further demonstrate
> this as the problem. I'd look around /var/log/ for
> more details... Hope this helps!

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002