Re: [vox-tech] hotmail question (for a friend)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> he's willing to send pure text, but has no idea what to do.   can someone
> please outline what i should tell him about how to set email preference to
> "pure text / non html"?

It's not AOL's fault, as AOL's software provides pure TCP/IP connection
and has IE as the browser.  I get hotmail e-mails from my cousin without
any problems (comes with both plain text and HTML), and I get AOL mails
from my ancient account (which I still keep around) without any problems.
Your friend must have turned off the plain text sending feature by
accident -- the option is there, just look for it.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/