Re: [vox-tech] Primary vs. Extended Partitions

Re: [vox-tech] Primary vs. Extended Partitions

> I have had no problem putting linux in primary partitions as long as the
> Windows partition comes first, and LILO worked fine.  Used to be a little
> problem with 1024 cylinders limit, but lba32 and modern BIOSes took care
> of that.

I'm speaking form experiance, LILO couldn't convince windows 98 to boot on my
laptop when I had 2 primary linux partitions after it. (I countered by
deleting windows, haven't missed it.)

Now with just the 2 linux partitions the 1st one on the hard drive is
/dev/hda3 and the 2nd (swap) is /dev/hda2. This strikes me as odd.....