Re: [vox-tech] Voodoo 3500 TV tuner

Well, just an update of what's going on with my system.

My new Western Digital 40GB hard drive crashed TWICE and I reinstalled
Windows AND Linux TWICE because of it, until I finally gave up.  I wiped
the hard drive clean by writing zeros to it and returned it to CompUSA and
replaced with with Maxtor 40GB instead (which turned out to be actually a
Quantum 40GB because Maxtor and Quantum merged but Maxtor's still shipping
drives with Quantum's logos on 'em.)

Anyway, the second time I installed Linux, I used XFree 3.3.6 and had the
TV tuner and the composit working.

I'm now in the middle of updating my system for the third time.  At least
all these reinstalls gave me a chance to burn a copy of Mandrake 8.1
between the reinstalls so I got the latest version of Mandrake, and I also
got to try out ReiserFS in a crashing situation.  Reiser's been very cool
so far, but it didn't help me any when the physical hard drive was
broken.  Anyway...

-Mark (burning the midnight oil trying to reinstall everything...)

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/