Re: [vox-tech] C++ static checker

begin: Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us> quote
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > i came across a post on deja.com that mentioned the -Weffc++ switch (which
> > doesn't seem to be documented in the man or info pages).
> >
> > apparently, this is a set of warnings about coding style that violates scott
> > meyer's "effective c++".
> >

> > does anyone have this book?   thumbs up?  down?  it's impressive scott meyer
> > gets his own g++ switch!  :)
>
> Two thumbs up.  I have never found a Scott Meyers article or book that
> didn't hit the target.

that's a pretty impressive letter of recommendation.  i'm definitely picking
the book up.

> It is cool to learn about this switch. However, it looks like it may
> require some patience to use, because it found dozens of issues in the GCC
> libraries but none in my code when I tried it out. :)

the message that i learned about the switch from was actually a complaint
about the libraries generating tons o' errors.

> Whether any or all
> of those warnings are justified will take some time to evaluate.

if you make any conclusions, please post 'em!

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002