Re: [vox-tech] More debian questions

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 08:31:10AM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Thanks Henry, here is my output
>
> jstrauss:~$ dpkg -l netselect
> | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name           Version        Description
> +++-==============-==============-==========================================
> ==
> ii  netselect      0.2-5          Choose the fastest server automatically.
> jstrauss:~$

Okay. If you want the newer version you will need to get it from unstable:

1. Add an apt-source line for the unstable distribution to
   /etc/apt/sources.list like so:

deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main

2. run apt-get update

3. Change to a suitable build directory and run apt-get source --build netselect

4. With any luck you will not need any libraries and the package will be
   build for you in the current directory.

--
Henry House