Re: [vox-tech] More debian questions

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 05:01:26PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
[...]
> How (exactly) do I find out the version (I have to suspect its the latest
> version, I installed last night).  I tried:

The standard method to obtain the installed version is 'dpkg -l
<packagename>' (sparse display) or 'dpkg -s <packagename>' (detailed
display).

Either way you will get the package version number, which is the program's
relese number, hyphen, and Debian revision number. Example:

||/ Name                Version             Description
ii  groff               1.17-3              GNU troff text-formatting system

Here we have the third revision of the Debian package of groff compiled from
the official groff 1.17 tarball as released by the author (GNU).

--
Henry House