Re: [vox-tech] More debian questions

Jeff,

I have my deb machine sitting behind a linksys firewall/dsl router.  I'm
forwarding port 22 to my deb machine, no other ports are forwarded.  I can
ping out from my deb box, but I don't think that the linksys responds to a
ping from the outside. Do I need to open/forward back for netselect to work?

I read this too:

>    Beginning with the 0.3 version, netselect package includes the
>    netselect-apt script, which makes the process above automatic.
>
> "testing" installed 0.2 when I asked it for netselect.

How (exactly) do I find out the version (I have to suspect its the latest
version, I installed last night).  I tried:

deb:~# netselect -v
Usage: netselect [-v] [-vv] [-t min_tries] [-m max_ttl] host [host...]
deb:~# netselect -vv
Usage: netselect [-v] [-vv] [-t min_tries] [-m max_ttl] host [host...]
deb:~# netselect -V
netselect: invalid option -- V
Usage: netselect [-v] [-vv] [-t min_tries] [-m max_ttl] host [host...]
deb:~# netselect --help
netselect: invalid option -- -
Usage: netselect [-v] [-vv] [-t min_tries] [-m max_ttl] host [host...]
deb:~#

Jay