January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] I just installed deb - Problems with X

Re: [vox-tech] I just installed deb - Problems with X

Well, is there a file /dev/mouse?  If there isn't there should be.  For my
deb sys, it looks like this:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root            7 Jun 22 16:34 /dev/mouse -> gpmdata|

which seems to be a named pipe (?).  Use the ln command as root:

ln -s /dev/gpmdata /dev/mouse

Strange why your install didn't set that up for you, unless you don't have
gpm installed, in which case, you'll link the mouse to the serial port on
/dev/ttyS[0-3], I think.

Or there's something else that's wrong.

FL