Re: [vox-tech] Hardware recommendations

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, William Kendrick wrote:
> Any recommendations for a good, easy to configure SCSI card?
> (The system's got Debian with kernel 2.2.19 running on it, and
> 2.4.10 ready to go

I have liked PCI Adaptec 29160 Ultra SCSI LVD controllers for home
machines I use. Internal 50-pin ribbon connect and 68 pin ribbon as
needed, and external 68 pin.

The PCI card has no jumpers. IO/IRQ assignment is PnP and linux recognizes
them when compiled into a monolithic kernel or as a modual
dynamically. Uses the AIC7880 choice, I think.

Not bad at all.

I prefer SCSI based CDROM drives and CDR/CDRW drives over IDE/ATA based
drives. (You ever try to copy crom Primary Master to Primary slace drives
that use ATA style interfaces?)

> clueless when it comes to all this mystical stuff in the land of the Users
> (kind of a Tron reference there ;) )

"Reindeer Flotilla" (Tron reference- I think)