Re: [vox-tech] ssh help needed

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> it's somewhat easier.  but if so, openssh has been around long enough that
> someone probably took the wrapper initialization code, placed the string

Well, it's not necessarily a bug.  It is more convenient (from user's
point of view) for sshd to read the tcpwrapper every time someone
connects, but there may be security implications or other factors that may
make the other method more favorable; also it's unnecessary performance
delay when all the root has to do is `killall -HUP sshd` after modifying
hosts.allow.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim