Re: [vox-tech] ssh help needed

I have some problems getting onto campus with ssh.  I haven't chased it
but here are a couple of ideas:

1.  Do you have a reverse DNS entry?  If it cannot do a reverse lookup
    and that option is configured on the server you will not be able
    to get in.

2.  Are you connecting through a proxy.  Many ssh servers do not allow
    the trusted host authentication through proxies.

3.  Check the ciphers that your server supports.  Specify one that you
    know is supported on the command line.

4.  Make sure you are talking with/to the right version of ssh.  Try
    specifying the -1 or -2 option and see if that fixes the problem.

Hope that helps
Joel

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 03:05:07PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> begin: Mark K. Kim <markslist@cbreak.org> quote
> > On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > > that's a good question, but like i said, the only thing touched was a
> > > commenting of "ALL: PARANOID".  my DNS is set up correctly anyhow, so that
> > > line shouldn't apply to me anyhow.
> >
> > But the message you got was that the remote side disconnected you, wasn't
> > it?  Doesn't that happen when the remote host is reject the connection
> > via, for example, tcpwrapper?
>
> yes, but that's only one explanation for it.  i'm looking for other
> possibilities (aside form firewalling, which is another good explanation).

[...]