Re: [vox-tech] ssh help needed

begin: Mark K. Kim <markslist@cbreak.org> quote
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > that's a good question, but like i said, the only thing touched was a
> > commenting of "ALL: PARANOID".  my DNS is set up correctly anyhow, so that
> > line shouldn't apply to me anyhow.
>
> But the message you got was that the remote side disconnected you, wasn't
> it?  Doesn't that happen when the remote host is reject the connection
> via, for example, tcpwrapper?

yes, but that's only one explanation for it.  i'm looking for other
possibilities (aside form firewalling, which is another good explanation).

not saying it's a bad idea.  in fact, it was my gut reaction.  just looking
for more ideas.

> > one would think that the wrapper gets loaded dynamically.
>
> If the programmer was thinking at the time s/he was programming, yes.  But
> it's easier to read it at loadtime (just do it once at the beginning of
> the program rather than whenever someone tries to connect.)

it's somewhat easier.  but if so, openssh has been around long enough that
someone probably took the wrapper initialization code, placed the string

void ReadWrapper(whatever) {

in front of the code, and put

}

at the end of the code.   :-)

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002