Re: [vox-tech] ssh help needed

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> that's a good question, but like i said, the only thing touched was a
> commenting of "ALL: PARANOID".  my DNS is set up correctly anyhow, so that
> line shouldn't apply to me anyhow.

But the message you got was that the remote side disconnected you, wasn't
it?  Doesn't that happen when the remote host is reject the connection
via, for example, tcpwrapper?

> one would think that the wrapper gets loaded dynamically.

If the programmer was thinking at the time s/he was programming, yes.  But
it's easier to read it at loadtime (just do it once at the beginning of
the program rather than whenever someone tries to connect.)

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/