[vox-tech] sshd premature termination

hey all,

i've been having this slightly problem periodically on a deb potato system at
home.

Right after connecting, motd and all flashes by, and then sshd terminates the
connection, spouting something about connection terminated on signal 13.

Looking thru my logs i see:

Oct 26 14:29:17 foo PAM_unix[11627]: (ssh) session opened for user yamara by
+(uid=0)
Oct 26 14:29:17 foo sshd[11627]: Disconnecting: Command terminated on signal
13.

looking thru man (7) signal, i see:

SIGPIPE      13        A      Broken pipe: write to pipe with no readers

occasionally i see dns misses (where the proclaimed hostname is not the same
as the hostname reversed), which is ok, since my /etc/hosts.deny doesn't allow
that. This only happens on external incoming connections.

Am i seeing a different version of this on the internal network?

ideas? anyone?

-Gabe