Re: [vox-tech] Re: Athlon + Soltek + RH7.2 won't boot

Re: [vox-tech] Re: Athlon + Soltek + RH7.2 won't boot

begin: Foo Lim <fwlim@ucdavis.edu> quote
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > begin: Foo Lim <fwlim@ucdavis.edu> quote
> >
> > it only happens right after a boot.
>
> Right after LILO or right before LILO or ?

right after the startup scripts finish (when the login prompt first appears).

> > > BTW Pete, did you say kernel 2.4.12 doesn't compile with the parport
> > > module?  It does for me...
> >
> > i used the wrong language -- there's a bug in the linus (not alan) kernel
> > makefile.  the parport build problem is dependent on some set of conditions.
> > [...]
>
> Where do you get those?

the ac kernels?  go to your favorite linux kernel archive, like us.kernel.org.
it's something like:

cd /pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/v2.4/

i just did that from memory, so it may not be totally correct.   but it looks
about right.  anyway, you'll see a bunch of patches.

btw, most distros use the ac kernel.  chances are you're running one right
now.

pete