[vox-tech] soundblaster live! users

http://www.viahardware.com/686b_1.shtm

summary: soundblaster live! can cause data corruption on earlier VIA boards.
they also explain that it can cause problems on non-VIA boards.  in
particular, sound defects like popping noises when the pci bus is in use.

the reason is that, in part, that creative didn't design the card to support
pci bus mastering, so the card commandeers the pci bus.

there might be fixes for the problem for windows.  if so, it might have been
fixed on linux also.  i'm looking to test out the 'live on my new system.
does anyone have one of these cards laying around so i can test it on my
desktop?

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002