Re: [vox-tech] polaroid pdc700 - partial success

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, tres wrote:

> Linux dev    MS dev    IRQ    Address
> /dev/ttyS0    COM1    4        0x3F8
> /dev/ttyS1    COM2    3        0x2F8
> /dev/ttyS2    COM3    5        0x3E8
> /dev/ttyS3    COM4    7        0x2E8
>
> /dev/lp0        LPT1      7
> /dev/lp1        LPT2      5
>
> Mark is correct as far as the book but this is the more common
> setup for devices with many serial devices.  Avoid the printer
> conflicts listed above though.  Network, sound, and specialized
> controlers can use almost any IRQ they want.

What Tres says reminds me of something.  No matter what settings you put
your COM3 and COM4 in, by default the Linux will use IRQ4 and IRQ3,
respectively (unless your distribution is set otherwise).  To set COM3 and
COM4 IRQs, you'll need to run `setserial <options>` each time you boot.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/