Re: [vox-tech] lots of bouncing going on around vox-tech...

Re: [vox-tech] lots of bouncing going on around vox-tech...

* Ted Deppner <ted@psyber.com> [010919 09:16], about

:you might check if ezmlm-idx or mailman might have some of those features
:(and whatever else you might want to see if you were going to switch).

	I don't know anything about ezmlm (other than it's supposed to be
pretty awesome), but mailman DOES allow one to be subscribed to a list, but
not receive email.

:majordomo seemed behind the times 2 to 3 years ago.

I think it's perl4, and, even otherwise, even more behind than that.  ;)
(it's like sendmail ('a bad thing' (tm)))

:ewwww!  But it'd work.  In your example of AOL.COM and HOTMAIL.COM, this

eww is what I say too!  ;)  Not to mention wasting bandwidth/etc.  I'm sure
there are better/easier solutions, some server-side that might be possible,
the rest are case-by-case (as you mentioned.)

>-- End of excerpt from Ted Deppner

Though that is the one of the awesome features of eGroups, having multiple
addresses associated with your address.  Or is it maybe possible to have a
whitelist of subscribers?  Everyone could give all their email addresses,
and they would all be put in a file that a script/majordomo could check
against before posting?
This though, is the cost of having a list with any
kind of moderation, that also has to be considered. ;)

	-Ajay

--
Milpitas, ca	atallam@telocity.net	HempVille, Planet Talarian
			http://os2man.cjb.net/pictures/