Re: [vox-tech] apt-get secure?

begin: markslist@cbreak.org <markslist@cbreak.org> quote
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Hempstah T wrote:
>
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > i'm not sure i'd trust redhat's ftp site or rpmfind any more or less
> > than debian's package sites.
>
> But since the downloads on Debian's package sites is more frequent over
> wider span of time, there is more chance for the crackers to spread their
> work.

this is very true.  i didn't think of this.

> I can use their auto updates less frequently, but the whole reason I'm
> considering Debian is their auto update feature :(

mark, realize that if you install unstable or testing, you can update your
system multiple times a day, just like you think.

however, stable does not get regular updates.  you won't have to update your
system the way i do, multiple times a day.   you will only update your system
when a new revision of stable comes out.  so far, potato has been update 3
times in the past (year?  someone correct me here).

if you go with stable, you won't be updating your system very much.

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002