Re: [vox-tech] polaroid pdc700 - partial success

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> the serial ports take irq 3 and 4, right?  i keep forgetting.   doesn't look
> like i should have any conflicts...   :(

The standard is:
  COM1 takes IRQ4
  COM2 takes IRQ3
  COM3 takes IRQ4
  COM4 takes IRQ3

Make sure you don't have a device on COM4 if you're using COM2 as the
digital camera connection, and vice versa.  The same goes for COM1 and
COM3.

Also, make sure there are no "unrecognized hardware" that's using IRQ3 or
4.  Checking this with PCI devices is pretty easy -- reboot and check the
BIOS.  I think the OS can override the settings so check that (somehow),
too.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim