January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] lots of bouncing going on around vox-tech...

Re: [vox-tech] lots of bouncing going on around vox-tech...

begin: Ted Deppner <ted@psyber.com> quote
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 06:41:28AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > that's a really good question -- i wish it were possible, but unfortunately
> > not that i know of (this is majordomo -- surely SOMEONE on this list knows
> > majordomo?).
>
> you might check if ezmlm-idx or mailman might have some of those features
> (and whatever else you might want to see if you were going to switch).
>
> I just checked ezmlm and don't see easy subscriber oriented option for
> phantom subscriptions.
>
> majordomo seemed behind the times 2 to 3 years ago.

ok, thanks for the input, ted.  i knew SOMEBODY had to know this stuff.
there's so much learning involved with linux that at some point you need to
rely on someone else's experience.  otherwise you'd be sitting in front of a
computer 24 hours a day.   oh, wait.  i already do that!   :)

unfortunately, this is a case of "we're getting it for free, don't ask no
questions".  i don't think mother.com is going to change list software for us
(i'd be afraid to ask).

> > the best i can offer is to subscribe both accounts and procmail vox* to
> > /dev/null on one of the accounts.
>
> ewwww!

rofl!

> But it'd work.  In your example of AOL.COM and HOTMAIL.COM, this
> is non-trivial.  (Maybe their helpful anti-spam stuff could be used
> though...)

if anyone here with an aol/hotmail/msn/whatever account can look into this,
it would be a good thing to put into the lugod faq (which nobody seems to
want to add to).  :(

pete