Re: [vox-tech] Can't access internet.

At 08:30 -0700 2001/09/19, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>begin: Cam Ellison <camellison@dccnet.com> quote
<snip>

>re are no errors in dmesg.
>
>did you look in /var/log/messages?

Not yet.  Part of the problem with solving this is having had too
many other things on the go at the moment.  For some odd reason, my
wife and children feel they should rank ahead of the household LAN.
<;-)

>i've never played with dhcp, but perhaps there are some switches you can
>throw in somewhere that will give verbose logging?  there almost always is
>some sort of facility to get a log file.

The distribution (Libranet [Debian]) provides dhcp-client, which has
a rather complex config file.  At least, I've never been able to
figure it out.  I prefer dhcpcd, which I haven't had an opportunity
to install yet.  It allows for some useful command-line parameters.
This may tell us more, once I get it unpacked and installed.

Cam

--

                                       Cam Ellison, Ph.D., R.Psych.
           John Fleury & Associates Ltd.  ---  Management Psychologists