[vox-tech] remote execution question

I'm hoping someone here might have a suggestion for me. :)

I've got a RIO MP3 player connector hooked up to one of my Linux boxes,
and I'd like to be able to copy files to (and, less likely, from) it
from remote systems.

Rather than doing the whole:

  local$ scp file.mp3 remote.host:
  local$ ssh remote.host
  [password]
  remote$ rio -u file.mp3
  [wait...]
  remote$ rm file.mp3
  remote$ exit
  local$
  [lather, rinse, repeat]

I'd like to have a script on all of the other systems on my LAN which
will do something like this for me.

I guess it'd be kind of like remote printing with LPD, but instead of
printing and using LPR/LPD, this is MP3 transfering using SOME_SCRIPT/RIO.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!