Re: [vox-tech] crud, strike that - printing messed up on zen

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 06:00:35PM -0700, William Kendrick wrote:
> Crud... ok, just to set myself at ease, I tried printing from ANOTHER
> app (again, this time Star Office) from the machine that appeared to
> print fine over the network.
>
> I'm seeing this on the crud that came out of the printer:

> Error: /invaidfont in findfont
>                               Operand stack:
>                                                --nostringval--   basefontdict

This is a ghostscript error message. I suspect that gs is receiving bad
postscript (perhaps using fonts that are not installed?) and is bailing out.

This message came from a doc printed from StarOffice on a remote machine, no?
Looks to me like a font that the StarOffice font is not being embedded when
it should be. You might try capturing the output of SO and examining it in
your editor to see if there are in fact fonts embedded in it.

> I use "magic filter" to install the printcap on the machine (again, a
> Debian 2.2r2 box) where the printer is physically connected.
>
> Here's the printcap that was generated:
>
> lp|hpdj882c|HP Deskjet 882C:\
>         :lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hpdj882c:\
>         :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
>         :if=/etc/magicfilter/dj550c-filter:\
>         :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

Sorry, but I confused by these several messages. Could you summarize the
current state of affairs in a single message please?

--
Henry House