Re: [vox-tech] vfat partition inaccessible to non-root user

Re: [vox-tech] vfat partition inaccessible to non-root user

Thanks to Chuck and ME, I can now mess with my shared partition to my heart's
delight!

On Saturday 15 September 2001 11:48 am, you wrote:
> > $ mount
> > [ stuff about functioning file systems left out ]
> > /dev/hda6 on /u1 type vfat (rw)
>
> This looks to me as if you will need to add the
>
>     uid=0,gid=xx,mode=775
>
> parms to the fstab entry, as ME suggested, where xx
> is the gid for the group you mentioned.
>
> I *think* you would see these parms echoed from the
> mount command if they had been included; I expected it
> to look something like:
>
>     /dev/hda6 on /u1 type vfat (rw,uid=0,gid=80,mode=775)
>
> Hang in there, you can make it work.

Richard S. Crawford (mailto:rscrawford@mossroot.com)
http://www.mossroot.com
AIM handle: Buffalo2K
"When you lose the ability to laugh at yourself, you lose the ability to
think straight." (Clarence Darrow)