Re: [vox-tech] vfat partition inaccessible to non-root user

Re: [vox-tech] vfat partition inaccessible to non-root user

> $ mount
> [ stuff about functioning file systems left out ]
> /dev/hda6 on /u1 type vfat (rw)

This looks to me as if you will need to add the

    uid=0,gid=xx,mode=775

parms to the fstab entry, as ME suggested, where xx
is the gid for the group you mentioned.

I *think* you would see these parms echoed from the
mount command if they had been included; I expected it
to look something like:

    /dev/hda6 on /u1 type vfat (rw,uid=0,gid=80,mode=775)

Hang in there, you can make it work.

--
Chuck Polisher
Never make forecasts, especially about the future.