[vox-tech] Linksys router (was: [vox] miracle on alvarado ave)

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, ME wrote:

> Yeah,
> I own one of those LinkSys (4 port 10/100 Etherswitch, IP Masq(NAT 1 to
> many)/ Firewall/routing, PPPoE, WAN connect, 802.11b Wireless Access Point
> (with the "128" (not really) bit key encryption systems.
>
> [...]
>
> The firewall rules are *weak*.
>
> TCP/IP implementation is not production quality (IMO, BYMMV).

Can you clarify how you came to these conclusions?  Was it the
configuration options that made the rules weak?  Did you compare the
TCP/IP implementation with benchmark loads?  A curious mind would like
to know!  :)  TIA, FL

P.S.  Moved to vox-tech