Re: [vox-tech] how to identify ATA/100 cables?

Re: [vox-tech] how to identify ATA/100 cables?

ATA66 *can* use a ATA100 cable, but it will only use
it as a "40", not a true "80". Visual inspection of
two cables (one 40 and one 80) side-by-side yields a
noticeable difference. IF you have any old cables, you
have something to compare against. If your new cable
looks exactly like the old one (same size "wires"),
it's not a ATA100 compatible cable.
ERic