Re: [vox-tech] synchronizing several computers

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Terminator wrote:

> For security concern, I think you can use IP firewall (iptables/
> ipchains) to restrict the access thought internet.
> There's also some HOWTO at:
>
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/networking.html#NETSECURITY

These suggestions leave some undesirable holes open for snooping and
forged source packets.

Maybe try NFS over SSH? http://www.math.ualberta.ca/imaging/snfs/
This whole concept does assume all the interacting hosts are secure, which
may not be desirable, but treating different directories as having
different security levels could limit that (yeah, I know, keep security
in mind? Just remember the alternative...).

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing