Re: [vox-tech] Linux Modem Compatibility

linmodem: http://ibgwww.colorado.edu/~lessem/5000e/

> 56k Telephony Modem for Windows ME

Not clear on this one, but it seems they have a history of using a 3com
hardware-based "telephony" modem.

> What's all this "for Windows" stuff?

Probably CYA.  They don't want people asking them how to support these
modems under other operating systems.

>  Are these winmodems?  Or, will they work with Linux?

Seems likely to work, though you might need kernel 2.4 for the first one.

> I notice that Dell has removed it's web pages offering computers loaded
> with Linux.

Check out the clustering servers.  Dell dropping Linux workstation support
happened last month. http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6757216.html?

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing