Re: [vox-tech] how to identify ATA/100 cables?

Re: [vox-tech] how to identify ATA/100 cables?

So ATA66 also uses the 80-wire cable... so how does one distinguish ATA100
from ATA66 cables? (That is, besides reading the label, if any is attached
:)

-Mark

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Jeff Newmiller wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Mark K. Kim wrote:
>
> > Well, I bought the motherboard that came with the blue IDE connector
> > before ATA100 came into standard.  Maybe the mobo guys saw that the cable
> > be useful with at-the-time-draft-probably ATA100 but I doubt it...
>
> http://www.directron.com/faqata66.html
>
> It is apparently more than just insurance.
>

> > -Mark

> > > I think the 80 conductor cable can be used just fine at lower speeds, and
> > > it is insurance for UDMA66.

> /Software/Embedded Controllers)               .OO#.       .OO#.  rocks...2k

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/
PGP key available upon request.