Re: [vox-tech] how to identify ATA/100 cables?

Re: [vox-tech] how to identify ATA/100 cables?

Well, I bought the motherboard that came with the blue IDE connector
before ATA100 came into standard.  Maybe the mobo guys saw that the cable
be useful with at-the-time-draft-probably ATA100 but I doubt it...

-Mark

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Jeff Newmiller wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Mark K. Kim wrote:
>
> > We have a computer at work with ATA100 connection.  The wires *are*
> > significantly smaller compared to non-ATA100 and does have blue connector
> > ends, though the ends fit non-ATA100 devices...  But my ATA66 also has a
> > blue connector end.
>
> I think the 80 conductor cable can be used just fine at lower speeds, and
> it is insurance for UDMA66.

> /Software/Embedded Controllers)               .OO#.       .OO#.  rocks...2k

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/
PGP key available upon request.