Re: [vox-tech] PacBell DSL rust...

On Wednesday 26 September 2001 12:35 pm, you wrote:
> Two questions for the local gurus:
>
> I've got DSL service from PacBell (it's working on the Win98 half of my
> box).
>
> I've attempted to get the DSL connection working on Mandrake by using
> Roaring Penquins PPPoE framis without any effect.  I'm not sure what
> direction to go in next.
>
> Also: PacBell DSL will not allow mail relaying.,. IOW: the PacBell
> mailserver is the ONLY mailserver I'm allowed to use.  Is this ALSO the
> case when attempting to use sendmail on your home (Linux) machine?
>
> If this IS the case; Does anyone know of any local ISPs offering DSL
> service that AREN'T working for the man?
>
> -Ed Glass

I have DSL with mother.com
A tad more expensive then pacbell (49.95/month), but they give you a static
IP, a modem that doesn't need drivers (it acts like a bridge) so you config
just as if you were connecting over a LAN (this was easier in linux then
windows) and a nice shell account that you can read mail and whatnot on.