[vox-tech] [OT] mac hard drive has become read only

[vox-tech] [OT] mac hard drive has become read only

posted for a friend.

a friend "did something" to his (non-linux) mac and says that he now can't
write to disk anymore.  it sounds like he somehow managed to configure the
partitions to be mounted read-only.  he tried rebooting (many times), and i
have no knowledge of mac systems.

this is for mac-os 7.

anyone have any tips for me to pass along to him?  installing linux prolly
isn't an option for him.  he wants to wipe the system clean, but i told him
to hold off till i asked the question to vox-tech.

i searched deja and did a quick google.  didn't find anything too useful.

thanks!

pete