Re: [vox-tech] VIM

I did :mkvimrc and have editted it.  I can use gvim and it does syntax color
coding, though I sure don't like the colors for perl, are there
different/better/more standard syntax def files for perl?  It does recognize
screen changes in gvim automatically (that's a good thing).

I'd perfer not to use it from the command line as opposed to gvim.  How
would I go about trying to get a color xterm going?

Here are the contents of my .vimrc (duplicate entries exist but I don't know
if there is some special sequence I have to put these in)

version 5.0
let cpo_save=&cpo
set cpo=B
map! <xHome> <Home>
map! <xEnd> <End>
map! <S-xF4> <S-F4>
map! <S-xF3> <S-F3>
map! <S-xF2> <S-F2>
map! <S-xF1> <S-F1>
map! <xF4> <F4>
map! <xF3> <F3>
map! <xF2> <F2>
map! <xF1> <F1>
map <xHome> <Home>
map <xEnd> <End>
map <S-xF4> <S-F4>
map <S-xF3> <S-F3>
map <S-xF2> <S-F2>
map <S-xF1> <S-F1>
map <xF4> <F4>
map <xF3> <F3>
map <xF2> <F2>
map <xF1> <F1>
let &cpo=cpo_save
unlet cpo_save
set background=dark

syntax on
set nocompatible
set tabstop=3
set noexpandtab
set ignorecase
set nowrap
set nobackup
set ruler
set incsearch
highlight normal guifg=white guibg=black
set background=dark
set visualbell
set t_vb=